Monday, July 13, 2009

SSSSPPPPOOOORRRRTTTTSSSS

Jesus. To anyone who's ever said cricket is boring, suck my balls. Words cannot describe what's going on.

Not too long ago Australia needed 2 wickets to win the test. 2 wickets but a persistent thorn in our shoes was Paul Collingwood who would not give in. That is until Siddle teased him into a poor shot, caught by Hussey. Instantly I was on my feet cheering as if I was there. I even kissed the TV that's how much that wicket meant to me and Australia.

So now we needed 1 wicket in 20 minutes to win, they needed I think 7 runs to draw. I was more nervous than the players out there, I was pacing, chewing my nails, jumping up and down I didn't have a clue what was going on. Monty Panesar, test crickets worst batter survives his first ball with me on my feet as if I were fielding out there. Time was slipping away and here's where it went wrong. Siddle should have bowled. North wasn't the man for the job and Hauritz, who played well for the most of the match, was tired, Siddle was itching for wickets and I reckon he'd of got the job done. Non the less North and Hauritz bowled away and in the end scored the runs they needed and batted out the time aswell, in a match Australia dominated the best we could get was a draw. I will say one thing though that was some fantastic cricket. Fuck 20/20 tests are where it's at, it was fantastic to watch. Englands last partnership was pretty good too, it's always nice to see tailenders doing a good job with the bat and that's exactly what Monty and James Anderson did.


Monty Panesar somehow saves what little dignity England has.


Running at the same time as the cricket was Formula One which I quite enjoy. I managed to watch both by having the cricket playing on my phone and the formula one on my tele. Webber got 1st even after a drive through penalty which is pretty impressive, especially since it's his first ever win. Vettel got second. Button who I support got 5th I think, honestly I wasn't paying any attention the cricket took all the limelight.

Webber in his gorgeous Red Bull Renault

3 comments:

  1. Monty Panesar is a pretty cool dudes

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was shivering on my humble computer chair while I screamed at Ponting; WHY ARE THE PART TIME SPINNERS ON? WHERE ARE OUR PACEMEN ITS A NEW BALL?? WERE IS JOHNSON???

    Great end to the test match, the crowd was great, the atmosphere was incredible. If somebody had to take the game away from us, atleast it was Monty.

    ReplyDelete